Friday, July 5, 2013

Reflecting on Campus-Supervised Internship Activities

My action research internship hours are moving along, but not quite as quickly as planned.  I have spent time with the special education coordinator formulating a plan and will spend many more hours researching to come up with the items that I feel are going to work the best for the kids.

My goal is to make it is as successful for these students and teachers so they can move forward and make progress each year. If we start out with our pilot group at our high school and can move to middle school and some of our elementaries gradually, hopefully we can be successful in helping our special education students go further each year.

I have completed 18 hours of my 150 so far.  I have 132 hours left, which I will get more than enough in the next 5-6 months and probably a lot more than that.  I am excited to work with the teachers and help them progress not only with technology but with their teaching abilities as well.

I have learned a lot of tips and techniques already in the past few courses that I think will help me make it ever more successful.  Because I don't have a teaching background I have enjoyed working in groups and also collaborating with those in my class. This is especially helpful for understanding things from a teacher's perspective so I can think more like they do and then conclude if something is going to work with them or not.

Working in groups brings out the best of all worlds and helps you figure out each others strengths to utilize each persons maximum potential. It helps to be able to meet the deadlines as well.

I am looking forward to all of the future work I have with this action plan and know that it's going to be successful for myself, the teachers, the students and my school district.


No comments:

Post a Comment