Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Action Planning Template


GOAL: In what ways can iPads be utilized by s pecial education teachers and students to increase their learning knowledge on all 4 core subject areas.


Action Steps
Person Responsible
Timeline
Start/End
Needed
Resources
Evaluation
1. Research what teachers are currently doing to increase learning of special education students.
Annette Reband
Special Ed. Coord. at H.S
Aug. – Sept. 2013
Internet, teacher lesson plans,
We will evaluate how effective current process is.
2. Research studies on the use of iPads for increased learning potential in special education students.
Annette Reband
Special Ed. Dir.
Special Ed Coord at H.S.
Spec. Ed. Teachers
Sept. – Oct. 2013
Internet, iPads, appa
Use research to figure out which apps are the best and download those apps.
3. Train teachers on downloading and using apps to help special education students be more successful.
Annette Reband
Site mentor
Spec. Ed. Coord. at H.S.
Nov. – Mar. 2013
Training location, iPads, apps
Evaluate what the teachers have learned and how well its being utilized by the students.
4. Meet with the site mentor regarding a project to see if I am progressing in the direction the district is expecting.
Annette Reband
Site Mentor
April 2014
Research data
Discuss project with site mentor and make sure project is going in right direction.
5. Survey spec. ed staff on how they felt about working on the iPads and how they felt training the students went and how effective the project was.
Annette Reband
Special Ed. Coord. at H.S.
Special Ed. Staff
April 2014
Google Forms
Evaluate results of survey to see if staff feels project was successful.
Evaluate the direct effects that using the iPads have been in meeting or exceeding the students’ educational needs.
Annette Reband
Special Ed. Dir.
Special Ed. Coord. at H.S.
Site Mentor
Apr. – June 2014
Survey data
Testing data
Research Results
Evaluate all data to determine if utilizing the iPads
enhanced student learning.

5 comments:

  1. Annette,
    I think this is an awesome idea. The kids are going to love it. They will be so excited to use the iPads. I have a strong feeling they are going to teach the teachers a few things about the iPad. I look forward to hearing your progress.
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi. I think it's a great idea too. My site mentor wants to do a survey of teacher knowledge and what they expect from the project beforehand to so we can evaluate how it went for them after as well. I also think you are right about them teaching the teachers a thing or too. I think I am going to ask a question about it. Something like.... "Do you think the students will learn and be able to teach the teacher on the iPad?" If you have any suggestions for how to word that one, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annette,
    Thank you for contacting me on email to join, your site.
    I still need one more comment if you would please go to my blog and comment on my action research plan.
    I had a hard time formatting the table on my blog.
    So let me know, if you can read it or not?
    I can send you one, that is easier to read, so you can comment on the action research plan on the blog. I can send it via email now.
    As far as your action research plan, I think it sounds like a great idea. I agree with you on the iPad's teaching the teachers a few things.
    I was wondering what specific special education students is the action plan using. Is it a specific population or the WHOLE program at your school.
    Also, I was wondering if there was any baseline data, to compare to after you are done implementing the iPad. Maybe a previous project from the same students on the same topics and skills, and comparing that to skills and understandings after implementation of iPads in the classroom.
    I would imagine the students are going to LOVE them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely go and look at your blog. I will go do that in just a minute. I'll let you know if I can read it or need it emailed. I made my own template in word. The one they gave us was hard to read.

    We are going to do a small population of about 10-15 kids with various special needs. The special education coordinator at our HS picked the students/teachers. She said she has baseline data to look at so we can compare it afterwards, but I haven't met with her to get that data yet. I am hoping to do that next week or the week after. I do believe the students are going to love using them too. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have selectd a very fun project. Students love using the iPad for learning, and I think you are going to see positive results. The teachers and the directors will appreciate your innovative approach to learning. Please be sure to share with us the Apps that you have found to be the most beneficial. I am always looking for good ones to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete