Sunday, September 29, 2013

5364 Week 5 Final Reflection

This week we are to reflect upon our UDL lesson and book builder assignment. I think I was stuck in a rut with the UDL lesson builder.  I don’t think I totally understood the process.  I think I did a good job building the lesson and understanding the lesson and how it would work and what standards it would meet.  I don’t think I showed how the modifications affected the networks.  I know that my grade reflected that because it wasn’t there.  I do understand the importance of the networks and in making the assignment a success.  The lesson template was very easy to use and it helped organize the lesson. It was easy to paste information in and I think it would benefit any teacher.  I will definitely be sharing it with other teachers.


The bookbuilder lesson was a little tougher. It definitely wasn’t as easy to use as I thought it would be.  I thought it would be easier and I didn’t leave enough time to fully utilize its potential.  One of the things I do remember clearly is that there weren’t any graphics and it would be easier to use if there were.  It would be much easier than having to download them and rename them. If you didn’t have any technology in your background it would be more difficult to understand how to do it. I think with a little practice and some good thoughtful ideas this would be a great tool.  I looked at some of the samples and was really impressed. I do think if they had more tutorials in bookbuilder it would be another advantage to using it. I was able to grasp the technical concepts and therefore was able to get through the lesson successfully, but think I need to spend more time in it to be more successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment